Friday 29 June 2012

KAT MACONIE, LONDON'S COOLEST SHOE GIRL


The designer: Kat Maconie 

I first came across Brit shoe designer Kat Maconie in 2009, when she had but a handful of shoes in her collection. She’d posted me a press release to the Grazia office and her gorgeous designs grabbed me immediately.
Marketing herself as ‘everyday luxury’ Kat’s standout debut collection was also offering something rare- well made, statement footwear at a very affordable price- I was instantly hooked! And as if that wasn’t enough, Kat’s shoes also have a unique "mould to measure" insole- a girl after my own heart- Kat values comfort too!
All but three years later Kat’s brand is going from strength to strength, her collections continue to be featured in lots of influential magazines, including Grazia; she’s collaborated with Whistles, Dune and The Outnet, whilst her catwalk shoes for London Fashion Week label Felder Felder, continue to be some of the most exciting on the runway.
But more over, Kat designs footwear you want to wear and wear- in fact, I think I wore my black leather ‘Emily’ ankle boots more than anything else in my wardrobe last winter …I loved them so much I bought a pair for my sister too!
Feast your eyes on a few of my current Kat Maconie favourites…

Kat's signature black boots and gold stud heel pumps, plus some spring/summer '12 hits.

To see and shop the full collection, click here

2 comments:

  1. Kat Maconie is one of our favourites too! So so cool.

    www.thedesignerindex.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna Dews10 July, 2012

    Actually LOVE these. Am going to go and check them out, right now!

    ReplyDelete