Tuesday 30 October 2012

TRACE PUBLICITY'S DOGS' DAY AFTERNOON


Me, Gary and Liger at TRACE Publicity's Dog's Day Afternoon.

My boyfriend Gary (a big dog lover) got our puppy Liger, seven weeks ago today, when I (a cat lover with a big fear of man’s best friend) was MIA at London Fashion Week. 
Now, nearly two months later the little rascal has taken over our lives and in the process has managed to free me of my fear of dogs for good. After several puppy classes and lots of cuddles, Liger is a fully fledged (very well behaved, I might add) member of the family. 
However, all this doggie stuff is still new territory for me so I was thrilled when fashion agency Trace Publicity invited us to an event they were hosting called Dogs’ Day Afternoon.
Gary, Liger and I arrived at Trace towers on Saturday to find the place transformed into doggie heaven! We started the afternoon with a private session with dog trainer and behaviourist Louise Glazebrook, founder of The Darling Dog Company. Louise was fantastic and her tips and methods were really insightful and realistic even for a novice like me to put into practice. 
Afterwards we headed upstairs where the fashion collections (which normally live there) had been replaced with a doggie bazar! 
Jessica from east end best friend was there showcasing her super stylish patchwork dog beds, quilts and other gorgeous dog toys and accessories- she gave Liger a very cute bandana (that cleverly slides over her collar so it stays put and won't get lost or bother her even when she's running a lot or playing) which looks so cute.
I’ll definitely be treating Liger to an east end best friend bed when she’s fully grown.
Elaine Jones of world famous dog accessories label Holly & Lil was also there with the latest collection of fash-tastic collars, from pony skin leopard print to union jack designs, they really have thought of everything! 
Liger couldn't believe her luck when she met Katy from holistic and organic pet food company Lily’s Kitchen and was presented with one of their gourmet meals! I love the idea of buying Liger a Lily's Kitchen hamper for Christmas to see what else she likes.
And as if that wasn’t enough fun for one afternoon, lucky Liger had her portrait done by brilliant illustrator Richard Short, the perfect memento of a great afternoon!

Liger with The Darling Dog Company founder Louise Glazebrook.

Doglious: personalised cupcakes by Molly Bakes bakery. 

Elaine Jones of Holly & Lil show casing the coolest collars in town.

Katy Taylor from Lily's Kitchen: proper pet food, spoilt Liger rotten.

Jessica, designer of east end best friend, with her v. stylish dog accessories.

Illustrator Richard Short totally captured
Gary and Liger. I ♥. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, which I'd known about this - Lopez and I would have loved it! xxx

    South Molton St Style

    ReplyDelete